2023-05-19 - Product Design Sprint
- Product pitch
Sharpen your project idea by defining:
- the Need you want to fulfill
- your user Target
- the Goal users want to achieve
- your Differentiators
Complete the following sentence to build your product pitch. It’s a product…
for (users of this segment)
who need to (perform this action)
and want to (achieve this goal)
they choose (your product)
because (it has this differentiator)
User target (or segment)
It needs to be as specific as possible because:
- Different types of users generally have different needs
- Segments with the same need can have a different goal
For each segment, UX researchers generally create a Persona which is a fictional character representing a segment. Then it’s simpler to think about one person goals than a group of people goals.
This is the
action users have to complete
- It’s the initial trigger
- What makes them look for a product
This is the
objective users want to achieve
- It’s the result they hope to get in the future
- What makes them choose your product
This is your unique value proposition. What specifically helps your users achieve their goals.
Core User Journey
What’s a User Journey?: All the steps to complete a given task on an app
What’s a Core User Journey?: The User Journey that allows users to meet their need
Example for AirBnB:
- Persona: Manu.
- Manu goes on the webapp.
- she searches for a flat in New York in 3 weeks for her nad Sebastien.
- she looks at results in Williamsburg, a district recommended by her friends.
- she sees all the flats available in Williamsburg
- she chooses the best flat: a cozy studio with a nice balcony and a very good rating close to all the cool bars of Brooklyn.
- she reads more information about the flat and go through some reviews by previous guests.
- she checks once again dates and price.
- she books the flat.
- she writes a personal message to Mack, the owner of the flat.
- she confirms her request to Mack
- she hopes to have some news from Mack soon and get accepted!